Social Security Disability
Federal Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is intended to provide financial assistance to people who cannot work due to a disabling injury or illness.
Applying for SSDI can be challenging because you bear the burden of proving your disability, but at Lee Law Offices, P.A., you can work with a Social Security lawyer to get through the entire process and receive the support you need.
How Does It Work?
The Social Security Administration (SSA) uses a five-step process to evaluate any claim. They will ask:
- Was the claimant working during the disability period?
- Has the claimant suffered severe impairment?
- Does the impairment meet the requirements of a listed impairment?
- Can the worker return to past work or perform relevant work?
- Will the worker be able to find other work in the national economy?
Contact us today to set up a free consultation with a Social Security benefits attorney. Our only goal is to make sure you can maximize your benefits and get the necessary support during difficult times.